Friday, August 10, 2007

What a day!

I'm back! Wow, this week seems to have just flown by, but it's had a great ending. :)

Firstly, I went shopping - well pattern shopping anyway. :) I ended up only spending a few dollars and came home with a lot more than I though I would - I'm sure everyone knows how that goes!

I bought a lot of kids dress and play sewing patterns for a start.

They're mostly patterns from the 60's thru early 80's but who doesn't love a cute vintage play dress?? I couldn't resist. I'll hopefully start sewing some of these up for a couple of friends who have requested a dress or two making.

These were .20c each so all up it cost me $1.80!! I've gone through each of them and although the packets are a bit tattered the patterns are all complete and will be fine to use!

Then I got three sewing patterns for me - I hope to alter them a bit and make some cute outfits! I love the dress/es on the left - they will be great for everyday during this summer! I also love the middle packet's green dress, especially the bodice. I'm going to try adding some length to it along with the first dresses and see how it goes. And lastly in my patterns I had to buy the jammies pattern because I just adored the pajama tops, how cute are they??

Next stop was the knitting and crochet patterns - I can never go past them. :) I managed to pick up these 8 pattern books at .75c each.

There is one book (far left) with no front page filled with 60's jumpers and cardigans and such, 5 Paton's knitting books that I would guess are from the 40's or 50's, a Paragon "Bootee Book" and a Paragon knitting book of 4 layettes a shawl and a reversible pram cover - just gorgeous!!

I love the little knitted outfits (or layettes) of the 30's-50's that babies wore so I was super excited to come across these! I'll be up to a lot of knitting in the near future I bet.

Lastly, my eyes fell upon a freezing book - "In and Out of the Freezer, Deep freezing from A-Z". It's from 1975, but everyone knows that the best book are vintage. :) It's basically a book filled with how to freeze everything. I'm trying to learn the art of freezing. I freeze the majority of our meat right now but sometimes I'm just not sure whether something will stand up for freezing so this is perfect! I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at it yet, but I'll get up to that tonight. :)

That was only the beginning of the day - this afternoon I spent getting up to a bit of sewing I had to finish off. This apron I have been working on in small bits and pieces for about 3 weeks so finally I had time to put it all together. Excuse the bad lighting, need for ironing and marks - I had just finished cleaning the kitchen in it and suddenly remembered I didn't have a photos of it. :)

Then to finish up my day with a bang I got a call this evening announcing the arrival of two packages from the US. Yay!! :) I drove straight over to pick them up and my mum wouldn't let me leave without opening them - I think she was just as excited as I was! lol!

Here they are but I must mention that the photos just don't do them justice! Thank you to Jessica who sent me the beautiful earrings that I'll be wearing tomorrow and vanilla bean dark chocolates - how did you know?? Dark chocolate! My favourite! I've already eaten one. :)

And the quilt I received from Sue Ellen is gorgeous, just amazing quality! Wow! I will definitely be getting more of them when I get some money together. :) Beautiful colours and the tags and various textures will be great for babies! I can't wait to give it to Michaela! She will love it!

So there's my day so far and I'm absolutely exhausted and ready for bed. I'll hopefully post a couple of things tomorrow, but until then have a wonderful blessed day!!

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oooooh, look at all the goodies! I especially love the vintage children's wear patterns. If you visit my blog today, you'll see that I've started a little pinafore dress from a pattern on loan from a friend. It dates from 1954!
Sigh...they just don't make little girl things that cute now, do they? And yet, the pattern is older than I am and will still look cute.

Jessica said...

Hi Amy!! I'm so glad you like the earrings and the choalate! :) The chocolate is a little surprise from me AND my mom! :) We both thought that it would be nice to give you a little extra surprise like she did for her winners. :) Well thanks for telling me you got them!
God bless, Jessica.

Jessica said...

Hey Amy! I just read your post I was so excited that I couldn't read it before I commented. LOL :) I didn't know dark chocolate was your favorite! I'm really glad you like your prize! It also seems like you bought alot of really good stuff! I also love the apron you made! :)
Jessica.

onemotherslove said...

Wow! I think you're the first person to blog about me who's not family! haha.. How exciting! I'm so glad you like the blanket! I'm trying to get some more listed in my Etsy Shop this week, too, if Elizabeth gets well. Please say a little prayer for my little girl!