Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Amy's House of Cookies

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments that you left about my menu and soup - it really is very good, it's Sean's favourite. :) When I made some to freeze yesterday (it also freezes fabulously) I realized that I forget to mention that you can add 1 tbs of soy sauce when you're adding the stock powder to add a bit more flavour. I've also added the recipe for ANZAC Biscuits (which are another Sean favourite) below. In the link above you can check out more information about them. Try them and you'll love them! For those overseas, these biscuits are an Australian staple - YUM!

I've had a great couple of days and have really been enjoying being at home. I've spent all day yesterday and today baking and cooking future meals and snacks to try and get a handle on lunches and dinners. We don't like buying things that I can make at home like cookies and snacks and things, but I have been soooo slack lately and poor Sean has suffered with his lunches - so I thought it was time to make it up to him! I've made all kinds of biscuits - peanut butter ones, coconut ones, choc-chip ones, anzac ones... I went a bit cookie crazy. :)

We also had a great Prayer and Bible study at church, tonight. The study was all about prayer and how much it can influence our lives and the lives of others - it was really inspiring and I've gained a new appreciation for prayer, even more than I had before. Between that and my bedside book "By Their Blood: Christian Martyrs from the 20th Century & Beyond" my faith has grown in leaps and bounds and I am so thankful for how He has guided me so far and I'm looking forward to the future! Praise God!

Well I'm off for tonight. Tomorrow I will be doing more baking - I'm planning on baking some more bread, rolls and muffins. I also want to try Pita chips. :) I've also got general cleaning to do (I'm thinking of making one of those household notebooks...) and I'll be going to see my parents tomorrow as well to help them with some computer issues. Whew! I'm tired already! LOL

Anzac Biscuits (cookies)

1 c rolled oats (not instant)
1 c plain flour
1 c sugar
3/4 c coconut
125g (4 oz) butter
2 tbs golden syrup (I've used Karo light corn syrup just fine)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbs boiling water

Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in large bowl.
Combine butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted together. In a cup mix bicarb soda with boiling water and add to butter mixture and then stir this into the dry ingredients.
Place spoonfuls of mixture on a lightly greased oven tray - allowing room for spreading.
Cook at 205C/400F for 10-12 minutes.
They will spread and become golden. If you prefer a chewier biscuit take them out when just golden, if you prefer a crunchier biscuit leave them in a little longer - the darker they are the crunchier they'll be.
They will be soft and pliable so allow them to cool on trays.
Makes about 35-40 biscuits.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Amy! The cookies sound good. I'll have to try making them sometime. :) I also see you have cought up with your blogging!
Jessica