Saturday, August 11, 2007

I figured it.

We had a wonderful day today. First thing this morning Sean treated us to a fancy breakfast at a trendy cafe in town, Red Orange. We've been wanting to try their food for a while but the prices were a put off - so expensive! Once we got there though we found out that all the breakfast menu was half-off! What a break! :)

I didn't take my camera, but you can check out pictures here, and if you do, we were seated in the open area with the palm tree in the middle. :) The room was cool, but to be honest (and I hate speaking badly of things) it wasn't that great.

Maybe it was the high expectations I had placed on it, or maybe it was the half-price food, but the food and the service was pretty ordinary. My breakfast (of scrambled eggs on toast with a side of 2 small rashes of bacon and a small tomato) without a drink was almost $10 half-price!! Out total bill came to almost $30 so I would have had a heart attack if we had just paid $60 for breakfast, $30 was PLENTY! Live and learn I guess... and it was a nice treat to just be out sipping drinks at a swanky cafe, I'll be honest. :)

After that we headed over to my parents house for me to do a bit of gardening and for Sean to help pull a tree down in their garden. I WISH that I had brought along my camera (I need to learn to take it along!) for the wattle tree lopping - it was so funny. Between dad and Sean they had ropes with knots and pulleys going all over the garden tied to all sorts of things so they could cut it while avoiding the sticky wattle! It took us all about an hour to finally get it down, but what a relief when we did!! They have a view over the valley again! :)

I spent a fair bit of the afternoon weeding my old vegetable garden patch. Isn't it amazing how quickly weeds just take over an area?! Especially the Deadly Nightshade which just roots like nothing else! The tiny dirt patch was my pride and joy for months last year and I'm ready to have another go when it's time to plant (and I'll definitely take photos). :)

Unfortunately I didn't stop to think about my back while bending over the garden but BOY do I feel it now! I (stupidly) let my lower back get a chill while bending up and down and now I'm practically an invalid for the night. Hopefully though by tomorrow morning, after a night of warmth and rubbing it will be back to itself. I hope anyway. It's the second time this has happened to me in the past couple of months - first with vacuuming and now with weeding! Maybe I should just lounge on the sofa and let Sean do all the work. What do you think? ;)

No comments: