Thursday, August 2, 2007

Time Management

Oh how I need to learn some time management skills!

It's 2 am, I am very tired and yet I must stay up for another half an hour at least. This is what happens when you get distracted from your plans!

Earlier today when I found out we're actually having friends over for dinner tomorrow night/tonight I was excited because 1.) well I was looking forward to seeing them! and 2.) I could finally try out this cake that I have been looking for a reason to make! Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it until tonight after dinner in between the cleaning I had planned to do (Sean worked late) and didn't read the instructions carefully through (beware!) to check how long it would take to make. After a lot of noise, one dead electric beater and uncooked cheesecake everywhere it's finally resting before I put it in the fridge overnight. All things aside, the raw cake tastes delicious! :)

I have tried looking for some time management tips on the web but they all seem to be related to academic studies or business efficiency, which is fine, but what about us who don't work or study, and need help in the home. Surely I can't be the only one who's been in the above predicament?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for coming by often. I wanted to tell you that I mailed your earrings out day before yesterday. So they are on the way. Oh and that cheesecake looks awesome!
Jessica

Mom2fur said...

Well, first, I bet the cake was worth it. Wow...that looks goooood!

Have you ever heard of the blog "Rocks in My Dryer"? Every wednesday, she hosts a 'carnival' of tips. In case you don't already know, a 'carnival' is when bloggers link to each other under a category. Some weeks, it's general tips. In others, she does a theme (last week it was tips from veteran parents to new parents). There are always well more than 100 blogs to visit.

Another site I love is "My Ta-Da Lists." It is free to join, and you make up your very own lists. I have one for each room of my house, listing chores. I also have one for measurements for sewing projects and several other types.

You could also try looking for "Home Management Blogs" or "Homemaking Blogs."

Mom2fur said...

I forgot another one that I love:
http://www.encouragingcoach.com/index.html
Sign up for her free 'Encouraging Coach Calendar.' It is a year-long calendar with just one job to tackle each day! Today (Saturday, August 4th) she suggests looking over your lawn furniture. It helps you 'catch up' each day with those little jobs (like cleaning a shelf) you usually let slide because 'life gets in the way.'
Enjoy!