Saturday, August 11, 2007

I forgot the lace!

I forgot to mention the other day that I also bought metres of some gorgeous lace while in the church op-shop. :)

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing with the top lace yet (any ideas?). I just loved it straight away and grabbed it out of the box before anyone else could grab it. Not that there was anyone else around mind you. lol. :)

I was thinking of using the bottom lace to trim some veils I'm planning on making. It's so fine and delicate (the photo doesn't show just how tiny it is!) or maybe for trim on some of the tiny girl dresses I'll be making... I thought it would look beautiful on something, also hopefully, delicate. They're all on my list of many things to make.

Too many projects and not enough lace! :)

6 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I can see the top lace on a white pillowcase. You could buy 2 plain ones, add the lace, and have a nice gift for someone!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment on the dress. I like the fabric, too. It has a 'vintage' feel to it, even if it isn't really vintage!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, another thing! You could make some tea and put some of the lace in it for a while. It will dye it a pretty shade and look old-fashioned! Then maybe you could trim doll clothes or Christmas ornaments with it.

Jessica said...

Hi Amy! How are you? Just thought I'd stop by and say hi. I can't wait to hear what you make out of that lace!
jessica

Queen Mum said...

I would use it to trim cut off jeans, or the sleeves of a jacket with too much character. I love a little pretty with the rough or plain.

Jessica said...

Hey Amy! I wanted to know if you would like the link to my mom's blog. She doesn't have too too many people coming over there. If you do just tell me and I'll go ahead and give it to you.
Thanks, Amy!
Jessica

Amy said...

Thanks for your ideas! My head is swimming with them now. :)

Jessica, sure I would love to visit your mum's blog! Just let me know the link. :)