Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ikea and Everyday Affairs

Well yesterday, before we introduced Jasmine to our home, I went shopping with mum. We bought a new cat carrier, some new cat toys and somehow ended up at IKEA, one of our favourite stores! :)

I ended up coming home with a pink CD case for our car, some hangers, a new bathmat, some much needed pegs (do anyone else's disappear?) and a few woven wood balls for the cats the play with since they were cents each. I also fell in love with the Liatorp range so I know what we'll be filling the house with when we get one. Mum calls in "New England style" but I'm not sure what that is - the furniture is just very... me. :)

It's already past 10:30 and I've got a ton more to do. I've got a roast on the stove (courtesy of Tammy's Recipes), I've done one load of laundry and I've still got to:

Wash the dishes
Clean the kitchen
Clean the bathroom
Tidy and clean the lounge room
Vacuum and dust
Clean the bedroom
Clean out the boxes in the study

Whew! Somehow I have to also keep the cats separated the entire time as well. *sigh* I'll report on how it goes.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohhh! New pop up windows for the comments! Neat! Thank you for coming by my blog! I am very blessed for all of the things I got. But my parents are just as blessed for being able to get me them! ;) The kittys ARE cute. Sooooooooo, how have you been lately??? :) Do you think you are going to get a friends list? AKA link list? I would love to see all of the blogs you enjoy! Sounds like you bought a lot of stuff. Are you enjoying all of it? Are the kittys enjoying the woven wood balls? And, not to be asking a lot of questions (sorry if I am!), but do you think you can take a picture of you wearing the earrings you won tomorrow?
Jessica

Mom2fur said...

You were very kind to adopt Jasmine. Just give her time and she'll come around. Talk to her as if she was a baby, very gently. Coax her with treats and gush over her. It will take her some time to get used to her new surroundings. If anything, she's probably more scared than angry. She doesn't really know her place in the kitty-cat 'pecking order,' and she's probably playing tough as a kind of defense. Is it possible to take her into a room for some 'alone time' with you? If she learns that you're in charge, she might also learn that you won't let her get hurt.
Hang in there--Jasmine will surely come to love you! But first...she has to trust you.