Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Commitment to Loveliness

I came across this about a week ago and thought it was such a great idea I had to join in! I've been trying so hard to get organized and create a better environment at home and reading other ladies' goals inspires me so much! 5 things I've decided to do this week are:

1. Give myself a home manicure
Months ago I was inspired to grow my nails and I bought a bunch of nail stuff (emery boards, polish, growth stuff etc) with a voucher I had to make a start, but as with most everything, I got distracted and it some how ended up at the bottom of the list! No longer. :)

2. Sort & clean out the bookshelf
I have been putting this off since we moved in. I know that I will feel so much better with a tidier bookshelf full of useful and inspiring books.

3. Make time for a proper devotional every day
I try and have a devotional every day but most days it's rushed and I'm thinking of the next thing to do. Now that I've got a semi-schedule with it included I hope this will become a blessing.

4. Finish sewing project
I have been planning on finishing my purple apron and a skirt for the longest time but I keep getting distracted with other things that turn up. I *will* finish them both by the end of this week.

5. Go to the library to browse the books
One of my guilty pleasures is the library. I love the smell, I love the people, the quiet and of course - the books! I hope to borrow a couple of books after browsing. :)

3 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

Sounds like you had some productive goals set. I hope you were able to accomplish them.

Sis. Julie said...

Sorry Sis...I mean ARE able to accomplish them!!! LOL!!

Amy said...

LOL - that's ok. ;) I'm getting there but feeling VERY behind!