Monday, September 24, 2007

Back in Business!

So everything has finally settled down and after a week of feeling under the weather and dealing with cat squabbles, I'm back! :)

Thank you so much for everyone who gave me advice about Jasmine settling in. It's been a tough week but they're finally all, seemingly, getting along and although there is still the odd growl (when Bartleby gets a little too friendly for her liking, I hope you know what I mean) everything is coming up roses! Happy cats = Happy parents. :)

I decided to try 'Tatertot Casserole' for dinner tonight and it's in the oven as we speak. We've never even had ground turkey before but when I saw it for the first time at Safeway last week, after hearing lots of good things about it, I just had to buy some! It's so much cheaper than most of the meats over here, so here's praying for a good result! :)

I was able to buy a few things from Crystal's (Biblical Womanhood) store over the weekend thanks to the greatest hubby in the world. :D I've ordered:
  • Edwardian Apron Pattern
  • The Hope Chest: A Legacy of Love
  • More Than a Hope chest
  • Created To Be His Helpmeet
  • Simple Tips for Successful Home Management EBook
  • Secrets to Supermarket Savings EBook
I've already received the ebook's which look great and I can't wait until I receive the rest in the mail! I am so excited! Not only that but my local library has also ordered The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle which I have been wanting to read for ages! Yay! :)

I'll be putting up our week's menu later tonight but right now I need to go and check on dinner. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome back!

Aren't Crystal's ebooks awesome? I love them!

Many Blessings,
M.

Patti Mayo said...

I actually read Surrendered Wife before my husband and I were regularly going to church and stuff. It was an enlightening read for me at the time. It really helped turn my marriage in the right direction. The proper care and feeding of husbands by Dr Laura Schlessinger, is also a good one. I read that one after I read surrendered wife and now I'm a big Dr Laura fan! :)