Friday, July 27, 2007

Two for one!

Oh how I love reading everyone's frugal advice! The one bad thing about living here in Australia is that we can't actually follow the coupons or the shopping stores advice the majority of the time. :( However, I have a couple of frugal tips: one for us Aussie's and one for women everywhere!

Aussies: Have you ever been to Simple Savings? I, unfortunately, don't have the money to join the Vault right now, but even for free there are tons of great tips and saving solutions! There are backlog monthly newsletter with great savings, and I get an email with a weekly tip for saving money, how great is that?

One other tip, that I'm sure many women before me have mentioned and done, but it was a wakeup for myself, is using the heater to dry clothes and humidify the air! So simple! We have one of those big gas and electric wall heaters in our lounge/dining/everyday room which is so costly to run, but essential in the middle of winter, even with blankets. (Did I mention that we live in a brick wall interior home?)
I use to fret when I couldn't do laundry because it was raining and would have wet clothes hanging around the house everywhere. We bought a folding clothes dryer, place the wet clothes on that side on in front of the heater (leave a little distance, though!) and the clothes dry in next to no time and the air humidifies to help with chesty coughs and colds that are so common in winter! Of course, it also heats up the room at the same time. Three jobs in one! :)

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

I'm not an Aussie, but I checked out the site and downloaded the menu planner. I like that it gives you a place to write down where the recipe is located. Thanks for the link!