Saturday, July 28, 2007

Thank You, Father


Oh my goodness, I thought I lost him! My big-eyed Bartleby!

I am so incredibly
vigilant with our two kittens. They're the first two living things that have been totally dependent on me for their everything and I am determined not to mess it up. So you can imagine how guilty I felt when suddenly one of them went missing!

To back up, I was doing loads of laundry today, several loads. I was also airing the place out so both the window (with screen) and door (with security screen) were open. The kittens were playing and fighting as usual, running around our home like madmen. I was just finishing putting my last load of laundry in the machine when I heard a slight bang from the lounge room and suddenly Loki appeared next to me meowing. Little did I know that Bartleby, in his play, had run into the window screen, pushed it out of the window frame and followed it down two storeys onto the driveway and nearby road!

I also might add at this point that we live around 20 feet from a major highway that has a high speed limit and a huge amount of cars. My first though was that he was going to run for the road. Having never been outside because of the highway his curiosity was surely going to get the better of him! Before I knew it I was panicking and then part of a psalm that I was studying this morning came to mind:

"But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me." (Psalms 66:19,20)

So I stopped for a moment and begged God to watch over Bartleby, to make him avoid the road and to bring him back to us safely. It was not a kneel and pour our your heart kind of prayer, but a prayer of urgency, a tell me what I should do and where I should go. As I franticly slipped my shoes on and opened the security door to go search outside there he was, pacing outside of our door! I cried.

He had somehow managed to fall down two storeys onto concrete, climb back up two flights of stairs he's never been on and come to our door waiting for me to open it with not a single injury! It was nothing short of a miracle, and I have never been so glad to hear his irritated little meow in my life!

The Lord is so wonderful and is always ready to help us in our times of need, never mind how small they may seem - never has this been more apparent to me than today. Thank you, Father, for letting us keep these two blessings a little bit longer.


4 comments:

onemotherslove said...

Beautiful kitties! I haven't updated it in a while, but my cats have a blog, too! : ) Tort's Posh Life

Mom2fur said...

Oh, thank God Bartleby is okay! Can you imagine...falling onto concrete from that distance and getting up? Yep, God watches over all creatures great and small. Still, give Bartleby a scratch behind the ears for me and tell him to be a little more careful with his next 8 lives!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad Bartleby is ok! Both of your kittens are so cute! I know i said it again, but I just can't say they aren't!

Amy said...

Thank you for your kind comments, dear sisters! :)

*And I did, mom2fur, and he loved every second of it. ;) Next 8? Make it about next 4! lol!